Friday, December 12, 2008

TGIF

I'm so glad it's Friday. I'm leaving around 3:00 today, going home and getting stuff done in the house. I just need to do a few more things to get baby's clothes, blankets, and burp clothes organized. Then I need to start opening the big stuff to make sure it all works and get it set up. Hopefully Nathan will help with that. I would be super happy if we got it all done this weekend. Tomorrow night is our Christmas party with our wonderful friends, so that will be fun.

I'm training my replacement for when I'm on maternity leave, and man... we have a lot to learn. I'm so used to working with younger people who are good on the computer, type fast, and remember things easily. He's doing a good job, but if I was working with one of the other engineers, we wouldn't have to go over all of this. They wanted someone with lots of experience to fill in for me in case they have a strike and need the person to take on a lot of project responsibility. So they picked someone with lots of project experience, but no experience at this facility and slow on the computer. So I'm trying to be patient and nice and a good teacher. Some days patience and manners are hard to practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.


View My Stats