Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Dr. appt

We saw the dr today and everything is good. I told her about my contractions and how some of them are getting strong and painful. She checked me, and everything is closed up, so my contractions are just part of how my body deals with pregnancy. Great... 10 weeks of contractions. I had some painful ones last night and this morning, and I slept horrible last night, so I'm feeling a little crappy and tired today.

We were supposed to get the 3D u/s today. I've been really looking forward to it, but the baby was not in a good position to see his face. The tech looked at him in 2D when we first got there, and he was head down on his tummy. Then I saw the dr, and she looked again. He had flipped over, and we could see his face profile in 2D, but when she turned on the 3D, it didn't look very good. We could see his face in 3D for a second, but with being head down, face wedged in, no fluid around his face, the picture quality is really bad. So we will try again in two weeks, but I think we might just have to wait to see his face until he comes out, and I'm ok with that.

I hope everyone is having a good day.

3 comments:

  1. As you know, I get an u/s every freaking week and I never get a good view of my boy's face. I told the tech today that it isn't going to be for lack of trying!

    You know, I can't wait until you feel a "real" contraction so you can compare. TOTALLY NOT saying you aren't having painful ones, but until you feel the 'real' ones, you just won't know. With my first, I had what I thought were painful BHC, but they were nothing comparatively speaking! With my second, I had LOTS of painful prelabor contractions that DID hurt, but just weren't strong enough to do anything. I'm interested into finding out what kind you are having!

    Glad all is closed up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hollie, is it normal to feel bloated and like I have to pee all the time? This just started tonight and is very uncomfortable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nancy - I guess we won't get to see our boys. They want they cute faces to be a surprise. I am wondering how different "real" contractions will feel too. I'm sure they will be much worse. Fun times!

    Unfortunately, it is normal to feel bloated and feel like you have to pee a lot. I felt very uncomfortable and missed a lot of work during stims. I felt ok as long as I was resting and not walking around too much. I'm sorry you are feeling bad. If it gets too bad quickly, make sure and call and tell the nurse. Hang in there. It will all be over soon.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment.


View My Stats