Monday, November 17, 2008

The Boots

I slept pretty late this morning (normal for me) because I didn't sleep very well. I thought I would try to be cute today, so I wore my purple dress and tall black boots. This morning was quiet at work. Then Nathan called and wanted to see if I was going out to lunch. So we met for lunch, and he got there a minute before me. First thing out of his mouth... "Why are you wearing those ugly boots?" I think it was one of those speak before you think moments because he felt bad immediately and apologized. We don't have the same taste in shoes for sure, but HELLO! Be nice... Momma always said

"If you can't say anything nice, don't say nothing at all." Words to live by.

2 comments:

  1. awww! What a meanie! Here you are, trying to look all cute and that's the response. Poo on him!

    As for boots, I tried to wear a pair last week and they wouldn't zip up over my calves! I guess I am getting fat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha! My hubby is the worst about word vomit. It just comes out and he doesn't even realize it was going to. The other night, he walked in the door to our place, sniffed the air and said "It stinks in here." And I said "Hi honey. I made dinner."

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment.


View My Stats