Friday, November 7, 2008

Big Bend

I decided to do another vacation post today. In May 2007 we went to west TX, way way west to Fort Davis and Big Bend National Park. We took Laura, exchange student, and her friend Kelly with us. What a trip... two teenage girls. I was 26 at the time, but I might as well have been 50 for all of the difference between me and them. It was fun though. We left Beaumont, drove through San Antonio, 5 hour trip, visited my brother and his family for a couple of hours, then headed west to Fort Davis, about a 10 hour trip. We stayed in a nice little house in Fort Davis where we could look out from the back yard and see mountains. We did a four hour horse ride which was awesome. We drove the 3 hour trip south to Big Bend and spent one day there. It is so beautiful and remote. I've seen a lot of mountains, and they are all beautiful, but there was something special about the desert mountains. Oh, and it was hot! It was about 105ºF that day in Big Bend, about 10º hotter than in Fort Davis. I'm going to have to do a slide show for this one since there are so many pics. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.


View My Stats