Sunday, November 2, 2008

Childbirth class

Here is me in my Halloween shirt. Umm... I guess we grew from when I made it two weeks ago. The pumpkin was on the baby, but now it's a little above. People thought it was cute. We had 30 or 40 trick or treaters from 7:00 pm till I shut off the lights at 8:45 pm. I saw lots of cute little kids, but nothing too crazy this year.












We had our childbirth class yesterday. It was really good. The L&D nurse who taught the class did a great job. She kept things interesting and fun and she really was hilarious. Nathan did NOT want to go. I almost had to drag him out the door. But once things got started, he was ok. The nurse talked, asked questions, then would show 10-15 minutes of a video, keeping things changing. The videos were something else... Nathan saw all the boobs and vagina he wanted to see (or not to see). This was not the Discovery Channel PG version of childbirth. I tried to warn him, but he didn't really think that would show all that.




My friend Rachel and her husband Freddie took the class with us. There were four couples, and we were the only ones having a boy! So I was the only one asking about circumcism. After lunch, we took a tour of the L&D floor. I've been there many times to visit friends and family, but it's different when I'm the one having the baby. Then we watched more vidoes and saw more births and a c-section. Then came the fun part. We got to lay on the floor and practice breathing and relaxation techniques. The nurse was great and demonstrated for us. She wasn't afraid to look silly, so we weren't either. Nathan did great and played along. So, we learned a lot and had a good time. Next up, CPR class on Monday night.

2 comments:

  1. Great Halloween shirt! I love that idea...
    I am so glad your class went well. Men are so funny about those things, aren't they? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's so great you two had fun at the classes...

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment.


View My Stats