Thursday, January 22, 2009

Hard times

I knew that having a newborn would be hard, but I had no idea how hard. I'm actually feeling pretty good today, and I got enough sleep after sleeping till 10am. But... lil boy is still not sleeping much at night. He was up from 2:00 till 3:00 then 4:00 till 7:30. I just need a few hours of sleep in a row. Then later in the afternoon if I can catch a nap, I'm ok. But it's so hard to wake up in the middle of the night 100 times. He is a hungry little momma's boy. Right now he is sort of strapped to my chest with a blanket fussing. He really likes his bouncy chair and not so much his bed. And Nathan wasn't so great with us last night. He refused to help at all. So I'm a little mad at him. If he could have just let me sleep one hour, that would have been great.

At the dr yesterday, she clipped a couple more of my stitches, owwwww. So I was pretty tired and feeling crappy after that. And my tummy was very sore yesterday. But today it's a lot better. Good thing because lil boy is very fussy today. Lil boy has a dr appt tomorrow for weight check. I have a feeling he has gained a lot. He looks big to me.

And we got our family pictures online to view! Hopefully she will post some on her website soon and I will share that. They are really beautiful. My face looks fat in some of them, but I think there are a few of me that I do like. We'll just say it's the camera adding 10 lbs.

1 comment:

  1. Babies are so darn hard, aren't they?
    But it doesn’t last, before you know it, he'll be almost 14 (waaaa!)
    My son was actually sick the last couple days, so I got to really play the nurturing mommy - buying cold meds and administering them to him, setting up the humidifier, taking his temp. Him lovin on me...(loved it)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment.


View My Stats