Wednesday, October 7, 2009

A little discouraged

I had plans on writing a funny lighthearted post today, but something came up at work that has me feeling discouraged. My boss came and talked to me, and his boss is having some kind of issues with me. Part of it is the hours I work. My boss doesn't have a problem with it, but somebody else does. Part of it is my actual work, which I take pretty seriously. I am working on a big project. It takes time to get things done. There is a lot of paperwork. My boss was very nice about it and has some ideas to get things looking better. Hopefully that will help and this other person will be happy. Otherwise I may be in trouble. At least I know something is going on. I need to try to get here earlier really. My boss says I don't have to, but it would probably help. I am not the only person here who works part time, but the others get here early and leave early. I don't see what the difference is. Another issue this person has is that about 2 years ago, I was offered another position within my company. I work as a contractor here. I was going to take the job, more money, new position, and someone didn't want me to leave. So I stayed. To this day, I don't know who it was that said I could not leave. But my company made me stay because they don't want to harm their business relationship. And somebody must be holding it against me that I was going to leave. There were no bad feelings from me that I was staying. So I don't understand. I like for things to be simple. But in this case I feel like no matter what I do, there is going to be a problem.

I am going to talk to the person I work with on this project about some of this and see what he thinks and see if he has heard this negative talk going on. I really don't want to get fired.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.


View My Stats