Monday, February 22, 2010

He is growing up!

Everything seems to be changing so quickly. Boo can understand a lot more language, vocalize a lot more, and express his, umm, strong personality. It also means a lot of screaming, biting, and slapping when he doesn't get his way. We are starting to try and teach some discipline and what behavior is not acceptable. It's so hard to have to spank him. I hate even admitting it. But I can't let my child bite me all the time and scream in my face. It's the saddest thing in the world when he cries because I smacked his bottom. I don't think he has made the connection between slapping and not acceptable behavior, but hopefully he will soon. I am really wanting to do more time out and less spanking, but we are not old enough for time out yet. I do think we found a reason for all of the crankiness lately, two new teeth! They are coming in further back in his mouth, so they went unnoticed. I do not want to punish my child for being in pain, so crying does not get punished, even loud crying, but screaming when he doesn't get his way really needs to stop. Poor Boo, he can't help it he wants to get his way!

1 comment:

  1. So sorry Id say from now to around 19 months is the testing stage. They will learn what pushes your buttons and what they can get away with it. Try not to take it pesonal and enjoy the moments when he is happy and loving mommy you'll be on the other side of this soon. And then theres teething, teething is so evil, it can make a happy baby so mean.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment.


View My Stats