Friday, December 18, 2009

Christmas Spirit

I am trying to get excited about Christmas. I sometimes tend to get upset when things don't go exactly my way. So it's really my fault that I get upset. I feel like my child's first Christmas is something sacred, like his birth was. I just want everything to be perfect. Instead I am going to try to focus on enjoying each moment, no matter where we are and who we are with. That should get me much further than being mad when things don't go my way.

Our annual Christmas party with our close friends is tonight. I am very excited to see everyone. Normally, kids don't go, but I think we will be bringing Boo along. I'm still not quite ready to leave him somewhere all night, and I didn't plan out for a babysitter. Mom said I could bring him to her house, but I just don't feel like driving there, going to the party, then driving back when he would probably be asleep and waking him up and going home. Too much trouble. So hopefully we will be able to have a good time anyway. It will be nice for our friends to see him.

Nathan's family is coming to our house for Christmas Eve. I am glad it will be here so when Boo is ready to go to bed, we are already home and don't have to deal with keeping him out late. I just hope I can get everything together. I don't get much of a chance to get things done around here. I haven't wrapped any presents yet either.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.


View My Stats