Tuesday, May 5, 2009

One year ago today...

One year ago today, my precious baby boy was put into my tummy. As most of you know, we did ivf to get pregnant. So this was the day the embryos were taken from the lab and put in my tummy. I was officially pregnant and didn't even know it. We had the procedure done in Clear Lake near Houston, TX about 1.5 hours from home. We spent the night in a shady hotel because the dr wanted me to rest that day, and all the nice hotels were booked. Then the next morning I went back to the dr to get progesterone that I took every day for 12 weeks. Then 6 days later, May 11, 2008, Mother's Day, I took my first at home pregnancy test. It was positive!! What a crazy, wonderful, painful, thrilling, exiting year I have had!!

So as I think back on this life-changing year of pregnancy and the birth and new life of my son, I am awe-struck and thankful beyond words at the beauty and wonder of life.

4 comments:

  1. Yay!! Happy day for both of us.

    I remember taking my pregnancy test on mother's day and it being negative. And it staying negative for like 4 or 5 more days. You sure got an early BFP!

    Happy transfer anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen to that! I think that doing IVF puts a whole new perspective on what it means to be a mom and celebrate Mother's day!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. he is wearing 3-6 months.. but don't give me anything that Chelsey is wearing already..k?..thanks SOOOO much.. ur the best..lol..

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment.


View My Stats