Wednesday, May 13, 2009

4 month check up

Chesley's 4 month check up went well. He is 14 lbs. 9 oz and I forgot how long. He was 42% on weight and about 60% on length. So he's not the biggest baby in town. Oh well. As I already knew from reading, he is a little bit behind developmentally, but I'm not really worried. Of course I want my son to be the best he can be, but I think he's ok. Every child is different. He doesn't have perfect control of his head. He can't roll over quite yet. He doesn't like tummy time. But he laughs, "talks", coos, looks around, and is a very happy child. The rest will come in time. The shots were terrible. Nathan did come so he could be there with me for the check up and the shots. Poor little boy cried a little longer than last time. But by the time we got in the car, he was ok. He was very tired and went to bed early. So he didn't sleep through the night. He woke up at 1:30 am and was a little cranky. He didn't go back to sleep till around 3:30 or so. Then he (we) were up at 5 am, then 6 am... I didn't get enough sleep. The dr recommends letting the babies "cry it out" but I am not going to do that right now. There may come a day where I decide to let him cry, but that day is not today. Dr also recommends starting solid food. We have done cereal now and then, so we will keep doing that and introducing new foods, maybe just at night for a while. Some nights, we don't get cereal because he is too cranky or too sleepy. I don't think he really needs the nutritional content of the food, maybe just to get used to eating food. It's such a huge responsibility to be a parent and have to make all these small yet important decisions for your child. But we do the best we can.

I started birth control pills the other night... Yuck. They are making me feel yucky and crampy. I don't know if I will continue taking them. I will try for another week or so and see if it gets better. It's hard enough to function with limited sleep, much less feeling crappy. I would rather not get pregnant quite yet for mental sanity and money reasons and health reasons. So we'll see how that goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.


View My Stats