Monday, July 6, 2009

Back to work

So I'm back at work today and not too happy about it. I really enjoyed being at home with Boo. I am a homebody and I can go 2-3 days without walking out the door and not going stir-crazy. Even then a trip to mom's or to the store is enough. Nathan is on board with working towards simplifying our lives so I can stay at home, but it is going to take time, and I'm not so good with being patient. It's really too hot outside right now for him to get a lot done on the house, and most of the work that needs to be done is outside. I guess I thought it would get easier to go to work, but really, for me at least, every day is harder than the day before.

Boo has not been doing good with eating food lately. He is just not interested. We will keep offering it and seeing what he wants to do. He's doing ok at night. It takes 2-3 times putting him down for him to stay asleep for long. Then he sleeps a few hours, eats, then a few more.

I was watching 16 and Pregnant on MTV yesterday while Boo took a nap (a strange occurance). It is interesting to see what these girls go through with becoming a very young mother. They are still children themselves. They do have a lot of hardships. Motherhood is the same demands whether you are 16 or 26 or 46. The boys (dads) really don't do well from what I saw. It's so easy for the mother to do everything for the baby, and the dads don't have to do anything. It's funny how things are so much the same, no matter how old you are. The difference is that an older woman is not surprised by how things go. The 16 year old moms are shocked that the dads want to go party and don't want to wake up with babies and change diapers. I just hope the show gives a wake up call to teenagers, but it probably won't. I really love the movie Juno, also about teen pregnancy, but some of the things in the movie are not realistic. Adoption is great, but Juno makes it look so easy to give your baby up for adoption. A lot of teens may think they can give up the baby, but maternal instinct is strong. I think a lot of times they see the baby and don't want to give it up. Just my thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.


View My Stats