Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Is relief in sight?

Boo tested positive for strep throat yesterday. I never knew strep throat could come with vomiting, but the dr says it does. We also got some nausea medicine and breathing treatment machine and medicine. I told the dr about the cough that won't go away. Sounds like they are sort of treating him for asthma without officially diagnosing him with it. I read up about asthma and it isn't always wheezing and shortness of breath. Chronic cough and coughing fits are symptoms too, and Boo has a lot of that. Sometimes when he gets mad, he coughs and can't breathe. A little scary. So we started the breathing treatments, and really, the timing of Boo enjoying cartoons is perfect. He can watch tv and do his treatment. For the most part, he sits still and holds the mask in front of him and breathes in the meds. I'm sure some days will be better and some will be worse. But I was surprised that he did well the first couple of times. I really hope this helps him feel better, sleep better, and be happier. He slept well last night except for one nasty cough attack that I really thought was going to turn into vomit, but it didn't. He is with dad now, and I am at work... And I better get back to work. Lots to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.


View My Stats