Monday, April 5, 2010

Chipped Tooth

Boo fell on Thursday and chipped his tooth. I'm not sure exactly how it happened, but I'm sure it hurt. I called a local pediatric dentist. She was super nice. She didn't think it was a dire emergency as long as he can eat and drink, which he can. So we are going to see her today to see what she thinks. They claim they can take x-rays, examine the teeth, and clean the teeth. I'm not sure how that works with a one year old. But we will find out. I'm not too worried about the chip. It's not very noticeable, but the fall was hard, and I'm worried about unseen damage to the tooth. Of course we didn't opt for dental insurance for Chesley this year. I guess I wasn't thinking! FYI new mommas: spring for dental coverage. When your one year old is learning how to walk, he/she will fall and a tooth may be damaged! Some babies learn to walk earlier and may need to see a dentist. Our visit today will be around $230 if they can actually do everything.

In other news, we have a couple of potential temp nannies for Boo. I really hope something works out that he can have a special person take care of him and not have to go to daycare. He is used to taking a nap when he wants, eating when he wants, and playing when he wants. I really don't think there is a problem with that. I don't think that one year olds were meant to be kept 10 in a room. I like to do what feels natural, and that does not feel natural to me. I know that daycare works out great for a lot of moms, and I mean no offense. I'm just nervous about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.


View My Stats